Your Mom Called

Making the world a little smaller for family, friends and new friends along the way!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Reason #238: Subs

Remember having a substitute teacher in high school? Maybe not cuz you would see the sub and sneak out. Well, naturally it was often the mission of students to make the sub's life a living hell.

From a teacher's perspective getting a good sub that can handle tough classes is prized. I have found such a sub this year that the students love that gets the plans I leave accomplished and we're all happy.

I called in sick Wednesday and couldn't find her special sub number. Without this number I had to leave things to chance. Well, the sub was "mean and disrespectful." "She treated us like we were stupid." This was what my very best student told me afterschool with noone else around. Needlesstosay the students gave this sub a royal run for her money. arg.

Now I am put in the position of giving a lecture to mostly soon-to-be grads. When do students learn to stop pushing back during classes and just shut up and try and learn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home