Your Mom Called

Making the world a little smaller for family, friends and new friends along the way!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Recipe Tester!

Yep that's right! I am officially a recipe tester for Cooks Illustrated Magazine. I'm excited but truth be told the regular emails they send me asked for volunteers so it isn't like I had to prove I could cook or anything. What's the recipe? If I told ya - I'd have to kill ya.

Speaking of cooking, last Sunday I went to see Julie and Julia with my mom. It was very cute and definitely one of those "why didn't I think of that!" kind of ideas. So simple - cook through the entire Julia Child cookbook and blog about it. I'll say though I'm not that into French cuisine so that particular book would be tough for me to stomach. I could easily blog about our adventures making pizza! Yesterday and today we had pizza. We used our sauce with onions and turkey pepperoni but were short on time and used Boboli crust. sigh. Just not enough hours in the day - and if there were I would be sleeping instead of making a fresh dough ya know!

These days I'm happy if I cook period. The last couple years I've been more into the buy a ton of something from CostCo and make lots of dishes and freeze them. For example Saturday I bought over 6 pounds of ground beef and make nearly 30 hamburgers. As I shaped them I put little squares of parchment paper between them on a cookie sheet. Then I popped them into the freezer (on cookie sheet andstill raw) until they were firm enough to stack in gallon sized freezer ziplocs. What's great is they go straight on the grill frozen and cook up pretty quick. Yep, I'm officially a mom with little time. Where's my station wagon?

Tomorrow - the dentist! I plan to pray to the tooth fairy that I don't have any cavities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home