Your Mom Called

Making the world a little smaller for family, friends and new friends along the way!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Humbled Chicago girl

We have been in Seattle for one and a half years. Whenever a chance of snow showed up on the forecast we would mock the Seattlites that would run for cover.

Tonight was one of those nights. It started snowing while I was tutoring up on a high hill plateau littered with subdivisions. Within one hour at least three inches came down and cars were backed up everywhere. I was driving my '99 front wheel drive Cougar.

I never thought I would say this...
I ended up abandoning my car at the top of the hill on Sahalee. It is the main hill down to the rest of Seattle suburbland. I was happy to reach that point and started to skid on the 1 mile long 10% grade. I threw in the towel and parked on the side of the road and walked down the hill towards the flatter main state highway.

I was on the phone with Chris and he came and picked me up along the road. (thankfully the other car has 4x4) I probably walked about 2 miles give or take. That road was not too bad compared with the icy hill. Glad to be home safe and sound. Not much worried about the car.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home