Your Mom Called

Making the world a little smaller for family, friends and new friends along the way!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

No more white pants or shoes!!

Labor Day has come and gone. Becky assures me that I can still where white pants these days but it just won't feel right.

Yes, it has been awhile so if anyone is still checking thanks for hanging in there in my hiatus. OK we finished the Energy class for gifted students (6th graders). It went REALLY well! Much fun in fact. Maybe I've been teaching the wrong age or maybe the wrong length of time. Three weeks is a breeze.

We flew to Chicago to see family and friends. It was fantastic to see everyone!!! The weather was awful. I mean steam bath hot and miserable. My dad and Jeni BBQd for family one night and we went to a Cubs game and hung out with friends too. Great time for sure.

Then off to Italy! That was a trip of a lifetime! It was our first time in Europe and we spent 3 solid weeks in Italy. In order - Rome, Siena, Montalcino, Florence, Pisa, Vernazza (Cinque Terre), Bologna, Venice. I journaled the whole way which I thoroughly enjoyed, not too much of a shocker given my blogging. It was definitely better to have waited to honeymoon a year later. I was a nervous wreck before, during, and after the wedding and couldn't have handled the stress of planning a vacation as well. No way.

The odd thing about writing in a journal is once you get it written down I don't feel like jotting it down again. Yes I still like talking about the trip (please I have wonderful conversations with mutes). Instead I'm going to rely on nuggets coming out where they fit in. Recently, I've been putting together the Ofoto albums and figure I am about halfway through the trip. ugh. If you want to see the slideshow drop me an email and I'll send you the links.

Other than photo detail I've been pretty busy getting my life in order. Chris has been super-supportive and letting me do my thing. I am still planning to take the 6 month fast-track program at our local community college. Ultimately, I'll walk away with a Microsoft Certification in database design. Classes don't start until Oct 19th. In the meantime I'm looking to tutor math and/or pick up a fun low stress part-time gig. I've put in resumes at a local wine shop and a store called "Dinner's Ready!" The second one is kind of an interesting niche. You order 6 or more dinners from the menu and sign up for a session (a certain day and time like taking a yoga class by appt). When you show up you bring a cooler and prepare you pre-ordered dinners and fill up your cooler. When you get home they can go in the fridge or freezer and feed up to 6 people. Cool concept plus I love cooking. They contacted me and that might be cool. We'll see.

This weekend we are going camping with my mentor from last year and her husband. They're a riot plus originally from Chicago so you know it'll be a great time.

alrighty that's enough for now... I'm back on bloggin so keep watch.
L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home