Your Mom Called

Making the world a little smaller for family, friends and new friends along the way!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Car Camping @ Lake Chelan!

Chris calls it "reserving a driveway." This weekend we camped with my former teacher mentor, Carol, and her husband, Don, and many of their family in Washington (all transplants from Chicago!) at Lake Chelan State Park. It is car camping to the nth degree! We had a blast!

Got in Friday evening, pitched a tent - margarita/beer in hand. BBQd and chatted aroudn the campfire. The site was literally across from the campground bathroom, can't beat that. Plus, about 400yds the other direction was Lake Chelan. It is a 50 mile long lake (How wide? Don't know). We bummed at the beach and jet skied Saturday and schmoozed with everyone. I drove the ski with Chris and got it up to 35 mph (fast for me) and truly felt exhilerated!

Sat afternoon we even played the bean bag toss game and had a water balloon contest. Later with appetizers of stuffed portebello mushrooms, brushetta, roasted garlic brie blue cheese and toast we had an old fashioned wine tasting. Each couple brought a bottle of red Italian wine for the evening wine tasting. It was hilarious and tons of fun. We lost but I really don't feel bad cuz we brought a $7 bottle. There were 7 wines to taste. Needlesstosay, we were all beyond tipsy by the end. I'm pretty sure I embarrassed myself more than once. It felt really good to let loose.

True to car camping form we enjoyed a kick ass dinner and more gabbing at the campfire. My clothes smell smokey and fabulous and I am relaxed yet slightly worn from sleeping on a so-so air mattress. One thing that's certain is I'm loving that it is Sunday night, a school night, and I feel light as air and happily typing a blog rather than nervously preparing for school. No matter how well I planned I just never felt ready, unless I was giving a test. :)
Much love and hugs and have a great week.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home