Your Mom Called

Making the world a little smaller for family, friends and new friends along the way!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

now what?

The last grade has been entered. I turned in my laptop and tearfully said goodbye to my friends in the math dept. One thing I know about Newport Math teachers is they are real people. They say what's on their mind making no apologies.

When I first started the dept chair told me "you have to be a bitch to fit into this dept." oh no missquote... "you have to an anal bitch to fit into this dept." I believe it was within appr 5 minutes of meeting her. I said, "well I'd like to think I'm not a bitch and I know for a fact I'm sure as hell not anal." I thought great what did I sign on for? Turned out I was more anal and bitchy than I thought (not sure how I feel about that but oh well what can I do?)

So as I make my goodbyes through my tears and wonder what on Earth I am doing it is reassuring to know I can always go back and they will hug me coming back in as they hugged me leaving. Bitches? Hardly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home