Your Mom Called

Making the world a little smaller for family, friends and new friends along the way!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

the last...

I just worked through my last problem on the overhead for the foreseeable future. The schedule Wed and today is a little strange but essentially I saw half of my classes for class one last time yesterday and the other half today. Then the last 2 hours of the school day are for the first final. From now until Monday afternoon are finals.

I haven't told any of my students yet and plan to when they finish their final. Hopefully, they won't take up the whole time. As I watch them take the final and as I type I am trying to decide what to say exactly and how to say it. We'll see how it goes. Last year when I left Hinsdale to move to Seattle I told all my students at the end. It felt really good to share such a big part of my life with them. (Not to mention it helped explain the many days I may have been cranky)

Anyhow, in my last class I said, "Hey, this is the last 'class' of the year before finals!" They cheered! We had to go over a test. When I got to the last problem of the test someone asked met to work out the problem on the board. I was about to start writing when a student shouted, "Hey, this is the last problem Mrs. Mirecki will work out this year!" hmmmm guess so. It was a weird bittersweet feeling. I was sad for obvious reasons. It felt good because it was the third time I had worked it and much of the rest of the test out today!

With this year complete I continue on the path of my life without much of a map.
L

1 Comments:

Blogger Howie said...

You'll be fine.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home